Stay in Poland – Visa

EU citizens

Citizens of the European Union and the European Economic Area do not need a visa to enter Poland. However they have to apply for a temporary residence permit after their arrival in Poland.
You will find more information here:

Non-EU citizens

Non-EU citizens need to apply for a visa prior to their arrival in Poland. In order to apply for a student visa, candidates need to receive an acceptance letter from the University College of Enterprise and Administration in Lublin which can be issued once all the application documents are submitted.

Please note that visa policies can vary depending on the country and an acceptance letter might not be sufficient to obtain a visa in some countries.

For studies in Poland you need a national D-type visa.

The national D-type visa entitles the holder to:
– stay in the territory of Poland throughout the period of its validity;
– additionally move within the territory of other Schengen states for up to three months within a half-year period.

Make sure that you request a multiple-entry visa. You will need it if you want to participate in the Erasmus+ program at one of our partner universities abroad or do a traineeship at a chosen foreign institution (read more about the international long and short-term student mobility programs here).

What documents do you need when submitting a D-type national visa application?

1. Travel document.
2. Completed and signed visa application form.
3. Biometric photo.
4. Visa fee.
5. Health insurance.
6. Supplementary documents confirming:
– the purpose of the visit,
– possession of sufficient funds to cover the cost of entry, stay and departure from the territory of Poland;
– the necessity of staying in the territory of Poland for more than 90 days within a half-year period.

Please note that the types and number of supplementary documents may differ depending on the consular office. In this connection we advise you to contact the relevant consulate to obtain full information concerning the documents needed when submitting a visa application.

A  detailed  information on other requirements to obtain a student visa may be found on the official website of the embassy of the Republic of Poland in your country of residence.

Skip to content